Sunday, June 12, 2016

Mount of the Night: Reins of the Raven Lord



















I am gonna try to do a thing where I find a mount I have that is rare to come by/is a rep mount, and do a thing on it. So, here we go. Why not start with my second favorite mount in the entire game (Hint: My first is the Netherwing Dragon).

Ah, yes. If you knew me back in 2012, you remember how I was farming this damned thing every single day. Went in with my sister, and it dropped on our first try. So I thought "Gee, I can get it next run!"

WRONG.

I ended up farming the dungeon every day for months. I didn't get him until the pre-patch for Mists of Pandaria (thank god. I had a cool mount just before Panda land was out).

DO NOT EXPECT THIS MOUNT TO DROP. If you expect Anzu to drop it (he is only in Sethekk Halls Heroic, so if you want to farm him, make sure you set it to heroic. And you can only do it once per day.) you will be very upset. He will most likely not drop the Reins of the Raven Lord on your first kill.

According to WoWhead, he has a 1.6% chance of dropping, but honestly, I think thats a little wrong. I think it's lower.

The best class to farm this guy on in my opinion is a rogue or a Feral druid, as you can sneak passed the entire dungeon, kill him and the last boss, and sneak out. But since mounts are account wide ever since Mists of Pandaria, I'd do it on every character at level 80+.

Anyways, here are some pics of my hunter riding him in her Garrison.





No comments:

Post a Comment