Thursday, June 2, 2016

Thundermaw/Skoll differences

I posted this on Quotev, but lets make this my first real post.

As a lot of players know, Blizzard put in a bunch of wolves with the same model as the Spirit Beast, Skoll, a rare beast that spawns in three different  places in the Storm Peaks.

Because he is a Spirit Beast, only Beast Mastery hunters can tame him and some (like me) will spend days if not weeks camping his spawn points to tame him. If you're Marksman or Survival, forget it. Exotics are, as of now, still only for Beast Mastery.

However, Thundermaws are regular wolves. They can be tamed by anyone. The only difference between them and Skoll is the coloring, size after tameing, and pet family. They are easier to find and tame (just don't get an entire pack on you. If you aren't level 100, they'll probably kill you, so find a single target.) and they look cool, so a Survival/Marksman hunter can walk around with a pet that looks just as cool as Skoll.

I have a couple of screnshots that show the color/size difference between a Thundermaw and Skoll (I am sure this was posted about before and I am just late to the party, but this is a guide for my friends who may want to play WoW one day).

Skoll (level 80 rare Spirit Beast found in three locations in The Storm Peaks, Northrend)














Thundermaw (level 90 regular wolf mob that spawns in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Pandaria)















Links above to each NPC lead you to WOWHead. I will use WOWHead a lot, as, it is a very helpful site for WoW players. I also has a map that shows the location of each of these NPCs.

No comments:

Post a Comment